Thursday 4 October 2012

. . .the beginning

New academic year, new uni brief....and I LOVE it! Title is 'Wild Kingdom' and the theme we have been given is tribes, which I love even more due to the fact that there are so many options and avenues I could go down. With our first lecture we were shown a powerpoint on different photographers/MUA/fashion designers/hair stylists, and I feel a lot more confident about the brief from being shown different types of media. Which got me thinking how I could incorporate different styles together. 


The main artist which could my eye was Hans Sylvester, a photographer from Germany, celebrates the unique art of the Surma and Mursi tribes of the Omo Valley, which are situated on the boarders of Ethiopia, Kenya and Sudan. This is something I am definitely going to give a go, introducing dried leaves and flowers to the hair.

1 comment:

  1. A great introduction, but where are the images?

    Please watch your time management Billie, researching and sourcing imagery and formulating design concepts takes time. This project should evidence a cultural 'mash-up' of ideas, where you are inspired by the visual references that you find. If you run out of time to do the background research you will be in danger of just copying a tribal look. And that is not the point of this project.

    Have a great time at the Alternative Hair Show.

    ReplyDelete