Friday 23 November 2012

Accessories....

A big part of my look, I want to concentrate on accessories as I think this would be a good focal point for my final look. I think its safe to say, tribal influences will always appear in fashion whether it is in the clothes, makeup or accessories. As I have got my hair and makeup ideas sorted, I wanted to focus my ideas onto the accessories as I think this would bring the overall image together.

This is a collection I found online when researching tribal fashion and accessories, from the  Spring collections 2011. One of the Autumn trends which carried over to Spring was tribal looks. Safari-inspired pieces graced the runways at Michael Kors, Donna Karen and Diane von Furstenberg, as designers played with mixed prints, raw textures and vibrant hues. From head-to-toe animal prints at Michael Kors to warrior-like tribal dresses at Herve Leger, it is clear that tribal is still a main trend in the fashion industry. 
Rhianna has always been seen as a fashion queen, with her quirky bag girl/nineties look with denim cut-offs, oversize bomber jackets and creepers, but one of her most recent single releases 'Where Have You Been', Rhianna has gone all tribal. Wearing croc pasties and lace up trousers, the video styled by Mel Ottenberg, has a dark voodoo and tribal theme that reflects the set it was filmed on. Rhianna quickly moves to a desert style barren set where she kicks off some serious dance moves wearing pink harems and a zebra print swimsuit by Robert Cavalli. I love the way she mixes and collaborates bold tribal prints and colour. 

Rhianna  -  'Where Have You Been' music video: 

From looking around shops and into different current collections online, I have realised that it doesn't need to be a numerous amounts of jewellery to get the tribal theme I have wanting to create. This is a necklace my friend Emma made, she wore them the other night when she came round my house and I asked if I could borrow them as I thought they would be perfect for one of my looks. 
I tried with this necklace to wear it strategically down my chest but so the beads would cover my nipples, as I thought I might try out one of my models wearing it but with no top on underneath. To refer back to some of the tribes I looked into at the beginning where the woman don't wear tops, the walk around bare so I thought this could be a good aspect to focus on. In the next few days I am going to arrange to meet up with one of my models and try it out, or even maybe get them to wear a boob tube underneath and then simply Photoshop the top out after so it comes across as bare skin. 

From doing some further research, I came across this blog which showed the work of Yvonne Nusdorfer...I LOVE HER WORK! The end result images are amazing, I love the colors she has used and the modern, funky twist she has put on the tribal theme. 

These are some of the images I find most inspirational: 



This is a blog I came across which I found inspirational as it got me thinking about how to set my model, the position in which I want her to sit in and how she should carry herself. As this can make or break a shoot as you can direct the attention to a focal point which is something I need to consider, for example including a hand or not, whether I chose my model to be wearing rings/bracelets or not. As one of my models, Rhiannon Cleghorn is mixed race, half Jamaican and half Irish, I think using strong, bold tones on her skin will work well. 

I think with my catwalk look especially, the accessories will be an essential aspect to my final image but I feel that this must be kept to a minimum. I feel to keep it simple but effective, I shall stick to a pair of earrings and that is it. Due to the fact that in fashion, a runway or catwalk is used by models to demonstrate clothing and accessories during a fashion show, with keeping the accessories to a minimum this will keep the focus on the makeup and it won’t draw the attention away from the detail. By keeping it with just earrings as well, this means that my model will be able to walk comfortably down the runway with no worries that the final product will change as she walks down. I find this is good practise to think of ‘THE BIGGER PICTURE’, when I shall be working on bigger and more important shoots in the future. As this is a still shoot and my model shall be sat down in a studio, I have to think visually as if she will actually be walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment