Wednesday 16 January 2013

Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2010

Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2010

Sometimes fashion is serendipitous. One of my favorite films is Avatar and it seems the inspiration behind Jean Paul Gaultier's Spring couture collection. "I saw 'Avatar' and, like everyone, found it extraordinary. And from there, I began thinking of nature and ecology, and the Latin American tropics and from there it was not very far to Mexico," explained Gaultier. Just when I was envisioning my Avatar-inspired Burning Man outfit, JPG churns out the most phenomenal couture collection yet.

This gives me a good insight as to try and teach myself to look at fashion, and films for example, and think of the bigger picture and to try and recreate the certain looks if I had the chance, to explore my creativity, to try and take key elements and make them my own. 

Spanish influences were explained via embroidery, white ruffled blouses, shawls, and refined black separates. As I am fine art/textiles based, this gives me the chance and inspiration to finally get back behind that trusty sewing machine!! The most awe inspiring were beaded, feathered, sculpted, and adorned with exotic accessories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment