Thursday 17 January 2013

Mood Boards....

Mood Board - Catwalk

With a catwalk shoot, although the final image was produced in a studio and my model was sitting down, you have to image the look you have created can move swiftly down a catwalk with no complications. Baring in mind, with catwalk shows, it is to show of the fashion as this i normally the focus but with this project we have to picture our hair and makeup looks are the focal point. With this mood board, it shows how I aim to create the hair, tied back tightly off the face and a straightened pony tail, keeping it simple but very effective to keep the focus on the make-up. As with the makeup, I shall be doing a scarification effect process, that's why I have images of scarification on the face. With my model being mixed raced, the image on the top left shows how I aim to have the contouring quite dark, to really define the cheekbones as these are the main aspect of the makeup and to give the overall image quite a masculine feel.

When reflecting back to this mood board after I have done the final shoot, I feel like this is a good representation of what I was aiming to create. Whereas with a mood board you focus on the main features of the image, I feel like all of the aspects of this mood board shows that. 

Mood Board - Editorial

This is my mood board for my editorial look, where I have focused on contouring the skin, including the chest and collar bones. Scarification on the skin as this is something which I have developed in my catwalk look and also I have researched this throughout my project. Also due to the fact I love this hairstyle, and my model has half her head shaved, I think this is a good aspect to my final shoot because many of the woman have very little/no hair at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment