Wednesday 16 January 2013

The Aletnative Hair Show 2012

The Alternative Hair Show 2012



Due to my ex-boyfriend, I have become quite well educated about The Alternative Hair Show as he is part of the Galvin dynasty and with his grandfather being the infamous Joshua Galvin, he has helped me with researching different hair stylists for my project. With Sam also attending this year’s Alternative Hair Show, he gave me a clear insight and explained what each artist did and created for their part of the show. From the images Sam showed me, I was blown away with how breath-taking the overall images were and mind boggled to think that it was all hair, some shapes and heights which I had never seen before. 



These 2 styles from this year’s show particularly inspired me as I feel they had elements which I had looked into also, such as braids and plaits. From the workshop with Seema, the wig artist, it made me have a different outlook on the finished products as I now know how to create such extravagant pieces so takes away part of the wow-factor. Especially with the bottom image, this has made me think more of the concept and the structure of my hair design, as with the 3 tight plaits falling over the face, this makes the hair the main statement of the look. From this I shall design different looks where the hair/plaits are the main aspect of the overall look, inspired by the Alternative Hair Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment